CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Ink.

Tattoos are becoming more and more common with our generation. Especially in my area and my age group it seems that everyday someones getting one. This is something that was considered a horrible thing to do in the time our parent's grew up. Only "convicts" and "bikers" had tattoo's. As the times change this is something that is not true anymore.

My parents were always against the idea of their kids getting tattoos. And as all my cousins began to do it they became more understanding of it. & i have to admit that last week I got one myself. I was really nervous, I rescheduled my appointment several times before I actually got the courage to go to the shop and actually go through with it. I got my tattoo on the alleged "most painful spot" possible, on my rib. Everyone I told said it would absolutely kill, telling stories of their friends who passed out during it. They told me things like that I would have to hold my breathe while he was tattooing me and they discouraged me to do it.

I shouldn't have believed the hype, it did not hurt as much as I thought it would have. I can't say that I enjoyed the experience. I don't think anyone would enjoy being stabbed with needles over and over again for a half hour, but don't believe the hype. If you are considering a tattoo but are hesitating because of the pain, I would encourage you to go for it. I got a Chinese kanji meaning hope, which is something that meant a lot to me.

0 comments: