CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Kentucky Derby?


The Kentucky Derby was this Saturday, No I didn't watch it but I was on one of my favorite blogs today and i stumbled on this story. Filly Eight Belles finished second in the race before collapsing due to an injury sustained in the race. He broke his two front ankles and was euthanized on the spot by the ambulance. They said that there was no possible recovery for such an injury. I don't know why but this made me sooo sad. The idea of a horse being injured like that and not given a chance to recover. I know it is different but if a human broke their ankles you wouldn't expect them to be euthanized. Yes, this was a race horse who was no longer useful to its owner after it's injury and I don't exactly know if a horse could be nursed back to health after this but I cant imagine someone not having some emotional attachment to this animal. It sounds like it was just killed without any hesitation.

0 comments: