CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

The same ol' routine

I am only 18 and I am soooooooo tired of working. I have been at the same job for two years doing the exact same thing day after day. I work at a clothing store, it's a family business so my bosses are very hands on with the business. There is only one manager who doesn't do much of anything. Great guy but I wouldn't even call him a manager his primary responsibility is that of a stock boy. I work on the registers, if there is a problem with the computers, the system, customers, any questions I am the only one who know how to handle the situation when my boss is not around. He is not usually around.
In 2 years I have gotten one raise. I make one dollar more than a girl who works there for a week, yet I have around double the responsibility. After two years I have no title no recognition for anything that I do. I am the veteran at the store along with one other girl who doesn't really do much of anything. Is a nice raise and the title of asst. manager a lot to ask for? I don't really think so and I'm tired of it. I feel like I am stuck at a dead end job. I feel stagnated and I absolutely hate it. I would like to move on find something more professional possibly in the field of work I wanna be in. Yet I'm too comfortable and maybe a little scared to actually move on. But I think this is it.. Hopefully this will be my last month and as much as it's gonna hurt to leave somewhere that I have been for so long I am finally gonna have to do it.

0 comments: